This code of conduct applies across online forums, conferences and other events hosted by HasGeek
We are here as a community to deliberate on the topics of the forum. Be nice to everyone.
- Be empathetic.
- Be questioning, as it furthers the discussion.
- Discuss ideas, not people and their personalities (as that would be ad hominem).
We strongly condemn any kind of harassment of any fellow participant, speaker or representative from sponsors’ organization. This includes:
- Sustained disruption of talks, discussions and other events.
- Offensive remarks or jokes made about women, men, persons of non-binary genders and those with physical disabilities, or on the basis of sexuality, race, caste or religion.
- Use of images that objectify the human body unless absolutely relevant to the discussion. Inappropriate physical contact and invasion of private space. Deliberate intimidation, unwelcome gestures and stalking.
Please report in confidence by sending an SMS to +91 7676 33 2020. SMSes are received by HasGeek staff who can address this quickly. Violators, regardless of their standing, may be expelled from the forum, without a refund (where payment was applicable), and reported to the authorities.
This Code of Conduct was forked from the PyCon US Code of Conduct, which in turn was forked from the Geek Feminism wiki, created by the Ada Initiative and other volunteers and available under a Creative Commons Zero license.
The Conference Code of Conduct for Fragments is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.